- MDS celebrates its 30th anniversary.
- Office opening in Luanda, strengthening the position in the African market.
- Jorge Luzzi joins MDS Group as Executive President of Global Herco and HighDome´s Director.
- Fifth Brokerslink Global Conference held in Singapore with the theme: “Reinventing the Future.”
- Partnership between MDS and Towers Watson
- Jacqueline Legrand joins MDS Holdings as Chief Operating Officer
- Fourth BrokersLink Global Conference held in Madrid, Spain: Together yet independent
- Creation of HighDome PCC, a registered insurance and reinsurance company based in Malta
- Launch of Proximity, a private online portal for top clients at MDS
- Creation of MLearning to develop training classes in Risk and Insurance management
- Launch of Herco in Portugal. Herco is a risk consulting firm initially based in Brazil that assists clients in Risk Management applying the latest technologies
- Third BrokersLink Global Conference held in Miami, USA: Global synergy to fuel local wins
- Hélio Novaes joins MDS Brazil as Country General Manager
- Ricardo Pinto Dos Santos joins MDS Portugal as Managing Director
- Creation of MDS Auto, a joint venture between MDS and Coral (wholly owned by Grupo Salvador Caetano) to create the first automobile insurance broker in Portugal
- Lazam-MDS becomes MDS Brazil
- Cooper Gay, global wholesale and reinsurance broker, merges with Swett & Crawford, leading US wholesale broker
- Second BrokersLink Global Conference held in Lisbon, Portugal: Expanding BrokersLink Presence, Communication & Expertise
- MDS celebrates its 25th anniversary.
- First BrokersLink Global Conference held in Hong Kong
- Launch of of the first issue of FullCover, the MDS Group Magazine
- MDS increases its position to 32% in Cooper Gay
- Launch of Seguros Continente
- MDS acquires 14% of CooperGay, #1 wholesale and reinsurance independent broker in the world
- MDS sells Pérouse-MDS
- MDS hosts the 8th BrokersLink Meeting that marked the expansion of the network into the Asian and Eastern European markets
- MDS creates MDS24auto, a call center to assist MDS’ clients in car accidents, 24/7 and free of charge
- MDS acquires Unibroker and becomes the leading insurance broker in Portugal
- MDS celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Creation of BrokersLink, an international alliance of independent insurance brokers
- MDS opens offices in Lisbon and Coimbra
- MDS acquires a participation in Pérouse, a prestigious broker based in Lyon, France, and creates Pérouse-MDS.
- MDS open its first store in Portugal
- Sonae establishes a joint-venture with Grupo Suzano to create Lazam-MDS, headquartered in Sao Paulo, with offices across Brazil.
- Sonae acquires a particitpation in Firstassur, a french insurance broker
- Launch of MDS affinity programs
- José Manuel Dias da Fonseca joins MDS as Chief Executive Officer
- Creation of Sonae Re, the captive reinsurer of Sonae Group
- Creation of a partnership with Lazam, a leading insurance broker in Brazil, to help MDS clients expand their activities in Brazil
- MDS expand its activities in the insurance market beyond the Sonae insurance programs
- Creation of the Risk Management Department to offer risk management consulting services
- MDS becomes a formal insurance broker in Portugal
- Creation of MDS Sociedade Mediadora de Seguros, to manage Sonae group’s insurance programs